This is the story of our adventures -- every day and extraordinary; our dreams -- tiny and grand; our gardens -- ornamental and sustaining; this is the story of our journey.  We are a family of four living a mindful, simple life here in Los Angeles County.  We are green, conscious, and forward thinking.  We keep an eye on the past because some of the best things have already been done and bear repeating.  Walk and talk with us, have a glass of wine, taste a peach or a tomato, blow some bubbles and watch them drift up over the canyon ridge.  Enjoy!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Water buffalo on the roof?

I'm tired but not headed to bed because the cat is not home/inside.  I'm backwards of Fred Flintstone who wants that cat out for the night -- I can't sleep unless I know he is safe INSIDE. Most nights Traveler comes to the door and I let him in just to have him grab a snack and dash back out the doggy door, if I haven't remembered to close it first.  But tonight he will not even come close -- he is clearly afraid of the water buffalo on the roof.  Now, realistically, they must be raccoons up there.  Having a party.  Or just Fred and Barney with their lodge hats on.  But I have never in my life heard such large raccoons.  These things sound like they could crash into the living room at any moment.  What are they eating?  Neighborhood cats?

Remember my glorious iris? Well, it rained and rained and rained yesterday and those two large blooms got all filled up and super heavy and today I found the stalk snapped, the blossoms lying on the ground. So, I had to cut them off and bring them in. Gregorie said, "Wow! That is a really really really tall flower, Ma!" Yup.


Gregorie has initiated a plan of self help with the orange juice.


She also throws a fine tea party. Just be sure she serves you first.




If you'd like biscuits with your tea, try these -- OMG-good!


I never tire of looking at their sleeping faces -- probably why I'm sleep deprived! hehe  Where is that cat??????


No comments: