This is the story of our adventures -- every day and extraordinary; our dreams -- tiny and grand; our gardens -- ornamental and sustaining; this is the story of our journey.  We are a family of four living a mindful, simple life here in Los Angeles County.  We are green, conscious, and forward thinking.  We keep an eye on the past because some of the best things have already been done and bear repeating.  Walk and talk with us, have a glass of wine, taste a peach or a tomato, blow some bubbles and watch them drift up over the canyon ridge.  Enjoy!

Friday, August 14, 2009

Packing up Part I



When you are planning for traveling for 6 months to places that you know won't carry your brands of health care products, the idea of packing toiletries becomes fairly daunting! I have decided to take mostly raw materials and mix up bath gels, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, deodorant, and mosquito repellent. I have been assembling raw materials!




I still need to add aloe, 15% H2O2, and almond oil. We'll take prepared toothpaste and sunscreen (and probably run out and end up using icky stuff for a while).

As we will be in jungle locations with biting things and itchy plants and humid air I am particularly concerned that the girls don't scratch themselves a lot and end up with an infection. So, I stocked up on my traditional herbal anti itch stuff and added a little of the heavy hitter too.


1 comment:

jenni said...

I love your family!! :)
& I'd love it if you post recipes for all those wonderful clean & natural concoctions you plan to make!!