This is the story of our adventures -- every day and extraordinary; our dreams -- tiny and grand; our gardens -- ornamental and sustaining; this is the story of our journey.  We are a family of four living a mindful, simple life here in Los Angeles County.  We are green, conscious, and forward thinking.  We keep an eye on the past because some of the best things have already been done and bear repeating.  Walk and talk with us, have a glass of wine, taste a peach or a tomato, blow some bubbles and watch them drift up over the canyon ridge.  Enjoy!

Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy New Year!

I"m behind on posts -- I have snow pictures and Christmas pictures and funny tales and my resolves and all sorts of good stuff from the last month to share, but tonight I'm starting with this.

This is a Grapevine sky.  And it is my picture of the day.  My dear friend Jenni made a resolution to post a picture a day on her blog and it seemed a good idea to me.  Pictures inspire words and my blog needs more words, more thoughts, more time.  More commitment.  So, I'm starting here.  I'm sure I'll blow this -- but it's not MY resolution!


Anyway, it's cool to see snow on these mountains -- just over an hour from "home".

Home is just where...

I have inspired thoughts on that topic in old journal that I can't find.  I should resolve to find it.

For now, good night.  And I owe you 6 pictures.

No comments: