This is the story of our adventures -- every day and extraordinary; our dreams -- tiny and grand; our gardens -- ornamental and sustaining; this is the story of our journey.  We are a family of four living a mindful, simple life here in Los Angeles County.  We are green, conscious, and forward thinking.  We keep an eye on the past because some of the best things have already been done and bear repeating.  Walk and talk with us, have a glass of wine, taste a peach or a tomato, blow some bubbles and watch them drift up over the canyon ridge.  Enjoy!

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Today in p-p-p-pictures

This morning I tried my hand at braiding garlic.  My first couple attempts were not grand:


But by my third try I was getting it down!

I'm pretty proud of this last braid.  So, I hung it by my front door.

And took lots of pics of it!




I'm also pretty proud of the potato chips I made for dinner!

And I'm most proud of my princesses on the porch eating peach popsicles! (I think my favorite part of these pictures is there pheet!)



4 comments:

marcyeiben said...

LOVE it! So the garlic was all out of your garden? That is so awesome. Will definitely be doing more onions and garlic this fall so I can have some for spring/summer!

The girls' feet are so cute. Peach popsicles...mmmmm...good idea! Will have to make some this week!

Kinda Like a Chef said...

Doh! That last comment was from me! It said I still needed to sign in my google account and then it just went and posted it. Arg.

Catey said...

The garlic braids are great! Do you have to do them before the shoots get too dried and brittle?

Catey said...

Thanks for the info! Nice to make your acquaintance as well!