This is the story of our adventures -- every day and extraordinary; our dreams -- tiny and grand; our gardens -- ornamental and sustaining; this is the story of our journey.  We are a family of four living a mindful, simple life here in Los Angeles County.  We are green, conscious, and forward thinking.  We keep an eye on the past because some of the best things have already been done and bear repeating.  Walk and talk with us, have a glass of wine, taste a peach or a tomato, blow some bubbles and watch them drift up over the canyon ridge.  Enjoy!

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Maybe Sheryl Crow can do it but I can't!

Yesterday I went to the bathroom in our powder room, off the kitchen. I started to pee when I realized there was no TP. Greggie was standing there watching me. I said, "Greggie, can you go in Mama's bathroom and get me some toilet paper?"

G: Okay Mama. No, I can't. It's dark in there!
M: Okay, go down the hall to other bathroom and get some.
G: I can't. It's dark down there too.
M: Greggie, PLEASE just go in Mama's bathroom. It's not THAT dark.
G: Okay, Mama. I can do it!

She comes back and hands me one single square of single ply Scott tissue. Thanks.

M: Greggie, can you PLEASE get Mama some more.
G: Okay, Mama. I can.

Ah, she then brought me 5 squares.

Thank you sweetie.

1 comment:

Serena said...

That reminds me of what Kwabena has done when I asked for toilet paper! HA!!!