This is the story of our adventures -- every day and extraordinary; our dreams -- tiny and grand; our gardens -- ornamental and sustaining; this is the story of our journey.  We are a family of four living a mindful, simple life here in Los Angeles County.  We are green, conscious, and forward thinking.  We keep an eye on the past because some of the best things have already been done and bear repeating.  Walk and talk with us, have a glass of wine, taste a peach or a tomato, blow some bubbles and watch them drift up over the canyon ridge.  Enjoy!

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Gotta love 'er

I put the girls to bed a little while ago. Alex laid down and was asleep within minutes. Greggie, as usual played orangutan for a while and then laid down. I went to the bathroom and when I came out Greggie was sleeping soundly but Alex sat up. "I had a dream, Mother," she said. "Tell me about it, honey." So she did. Then she said, "I want to lie on my tummy and see if I can see more of that dream." I told her, "Okay," and started to leave. Before I could she popped up and said, "We need to clean this house! In the morning, when we wake up. We need to clean." I said, "Okay, we can clean. But why???" "JUST LOOK at that spider web! We NEED to clean!" I turned to see, perfectly illuminated by the porch light that had been left on coming through the bedroom window, a strand of web extending from the nightstand lamp right up to the ceiling. Yup, we need to clean. Not that it matters when you live with 114 spiders.

1 comment:

Jaimey said...

shudder! not at the web or the cleaning or even the supposed (I don't believe it for a second!) lack there of! BUT OF THE 114 SPIDERS. eeeww!