This is the story of our adventures -- every day and extraordinary; our dreams -- tiny and grand; our gardens -- ornamental and sustaining; this is the story of our journey.  We are a family of four living a mindful, simple life here in Los Angeles County.  We are green, conscious, and forward thinking.  We keep an eye on the past because some of the best things have already been done and bear repeating.  Walk and talk with us, have a glass of wine, taste a peach or a tomato, blow some bubbles and watch them drift up over the canyon ridge.  Enjoy!

Sunday, August 24, 2008

The other day at the playground

Megan, don't let Malik watch -- the part where her foot gets caught in her dress will send him over the edge!

The funny thing is, when Alex was Greggie's age I wouldn't even let her climb that thing without holding on to her.  Second child?  Or do I just think she's more sure footed?  Or maybe I just generally trust "their" abilities more?  Alex was never clumsy and I don't think I'm generally any less protective of Greggie... Hmm....

4 comments:

Molly said...

Yeah, I'd be right there with her! But I really think it depends on the kid - I don't think that Adeline could pull it off that well....hmmmmmm maybe I should test her.

Marlyn said...

But then, Molly, Adeline is your first... I would never have let Alex even try. But I felt confident with Gregorie. I'm not sure if I think Greggie is different than Alex or if I'm a different me. I think the later...

Anonymous said...

Nina could do that with her eyes closed at Greggie's age, but I bet Sophie won't be able to! I think at least part of it is the child - Nina was queen of the big-kid playground equipment early on - Sophie's just starting to go down the slide...

Molly said...

See, I don't think Adeline is all that coordinated with the playground equipment. She started going down the slide by herself about a month ago and in the past few weeks has become queen of the swing - it used to totally freak her out. Next time we go to the park I will encourage her over to one of those things and see what she can do!